Business Plan Mission Statement Overview
Your mission statement should directly reflect the values that you consider to be important for your business. It should expresses the reason that you are in business and why you, as a business exist. It is a very personal articulation of the ideals that you wish to project to those with whom you do business and it should be a clear guide for the proper conduct of yourself and those who represent you.
Your Mission Statement
In addition to the above, your mission statement should clearly spell out your goals. According to Charles Hill and Gareth Jones in their landmark publication “Strategic Management” a properly developed mission statement should provide “the framework or context within which the company’s strategies are formulated.”
As such, ShopSquawk recommends, if not squawks that you take great care when writing your mission statement because it will be the basis for all your business dealings in the future, both with the general public, your customers, and with your independent contractors and/or employees.
- “It is the Mission of ‘COMPANY’ to provide ‘To Whom’ with the ‘PRODUCT OR SERVICE’ that fulfill their wants and needs at the right price. Our friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff will help inspire, educate and problem-solve for our customers.”
- “Profitable growth through superior customer service, innovation, quality and commitment.”
- “Guided by relentless focus on our five imperatives, we will constantly strive to implement the critical initiatives required to achieve our vision. In doing this, we will deliver operational excellence in every corner of the Company and meet or exceed our commitments to the many constituencies we serve. All of our long-term strategies and short-term actions will be molded by a set of core values that are shared by each and every associate.”
- “Our purpose is to enable individuals and businesses to manage ‘YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE’. We provide insurance products and services tailored to meet the specific and ever-changing ‘WHAT YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE DOES’ exposures facing our customers. We build value for our investors through the strength of our customers’ satisfaction and by consistently producing superior operating results.”
- “To build shareholder value by delivering ‘PRODUCT NAME’ products, services and solutions in innovative and cost effective ways. We will realize this mission by setting the highest standards in service, reliability, safety and cost containment in our industry.”
- “We are a market-focused, process-centered organization that develops and delivers innovative solutions to our customers, consistently outperforms our peers, produces predictable earnings for our shareholders, and provides a dynamic and challenging environment for our employees.”
- “To be America’s best run, most profitable ‘NAME OF SERVICE OR PRODUCT MANUFACTURER/DISTRIBUTOR.”
- “To be the world leader in products, services and solutions that enable and transform the way consumers and businesses gather, manage, distribute and communicate information.”
- “We strive to be the acknowledged global leader and preferred partner in helping our clients succeed in the world’s rapidly evolving ‘YOUR MARKET NICHE’ markets.”
- “Use our pioneering spirit to responsibly deliver ‘YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE’ to the world.”